Thursday, January 12, 2012

Practice in writing.

Disclaimer: ignore this post. My brain needs the stream of consciousness exercise.

Oh glorious winter.

Here in California, the seasons are changing. Of course, by changing I actually mean that sometime within the next week there is a very slim chance it MIGHT rain. I have relocated to the glorious city of Long Beach, just a hop, skip and stumble to the beach where I can look out over the harbor and thrown my roots down into a tiny, beachy cottage. I like to think of my 500 square foot paradise as my dollhouse.

I have full time employment, which is a thing of wonder in this economy. Everything seems like it is fitting into place, however I cant help feeling like this life chafes and rubs me the wrong way. Don't get me wrong, I'm not completely ungrateful. I know I am incredibly lucky, but its that persistent, nagging feeling that I'm not doing what I am supposed to, that is starting to get on my nerves.

I have expressed on numerous occasions my utter lack of desire to sit in an office and do paperwork. At one point in time I viewed it as my version of hell a la Dilbert style. Here I am, sitting on the floor of my office attempting to slow down the passage of time so that my lunch break will be longer.

I've been attempting to distract myself with various activities but so far, that has not panned out for me (CURSES, SINUS INFECTION). I think my brain has been flexed enough for one day. Perhaps I will delete this later but for now, I'll consider this an exercise in writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment