Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Window Shopping

Once again, my Christmas Wish list includes a printing press. This year, however it seems I am closer to my goal. Hopefully this time there will be more of a chance that I'll be able to afford what I want with a job and what not. I'm hoping to get a nice little table top etching press for my tiny one bedroom apartment that I share with my boyfriend.

I'm carrying around my lovely price lists from Takach, Griffin, Conrad and more. If anyone else has any suggestions for etching presses I should look into, pretty please let me know.

Last Saturday I went to a friend's gallery opening. He's tipped me off to a life drawing event held by a group of local artists that meet in various locations with a model. From what he told me of it, it sounds like it should be a pretty awesome event and hopefully he'll get me in next time it is held. It would be nice to feel involved in the local art community.
I've been working on a new woodcut lately with all the additional time I have waiting for Mike to get off work since we are sharing a car. I feel super productive.

Next post will probably involve X-mas and birthday shopping and the end result of my press hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment